How to install laminate flooring
aminate flooring has never been easier to install thanks to Quick-Step’s Uniclic Technology.
But, before you start take note of these helpful hints:
1. A beautiful beginning. Try not to get too bogged down with working out the exact measurements of the room and each plank. There will always be unexpected imperfections in the wall and no doubt you will need to make some cuts to the laminate anyway. When you start to install, all will become clear…
2. Deciding on the grain. It’s hard to know which way is right and it will all depend on the room set and the style you’re wanting to achieve. You can install from the window into the room, by starting in the left corner and working your way to the right (diagonally) or across the shortest length of the room in an attempt to add an illusion of space.
3. Practice makes perfect. Always trial the start to see how it works (and looks) – you might prefer diagonal after all.
4. Cutting with precision. When cutting always start at the bottom of the laminate, working with the grain. The cut needs to be crisp!
5. Ready, set, go! Now you’re ready to install…
Watch just how easy it is (and how beautiful it looks)!
Now you’re ready to lay a floor, browse our range of flooring options here.