Countdown to Change – Is your business Brexit-ready?
With only a few weeks to go until the United Kingdom transitions out of the EU, time is of the essence for businesses to prepare.
The government has put in place new rules that organisations must adhere to by the 1st of January 2021. This year has already been an incredible challenge for the majority of businesses due to the COVID pandemic, so it is understandable that strategising for Brexit may not have been your top priority.
However, with time running out, now is the time to act in order to prevent any further disruption to your operations. And the Norfolk Chambers of Commerce are on hand to help.
How we can support your Norfolk business through Brexit and beyond
The complexity of Brexit, from the regulation changes to the shifting EU exit dates, has made it a daunting concept. To alleviate any concerns, the Norfolk Chambers of Commerce have moved swiftly to implement a Brexit Hub on our website.
With social distancing measures in place impacting on the ability to hold face-to-face meetings and seminars, online information hubs have proven to be incredibly effective in providing business support. We saw great use of the Coronavirus Hub set up earlier this year, which can still be accessed.
The Brexit Hub is a resource-rich portal which includes:
- Brexit Readiness videos , guides on the understanding of Customs Declarations and Rules of Origin and Tariffs for whether we leave with or without a deal.
- Countdown to Change online webinar series hosted by Customers expert, Liam Smyth. Covering import and export processes, systems and controls, these webinars are designed to guide your business through the complexity of change.
- Online Customs Declarations Training workshops – your business may be eligible to claim up to 100% back from the HMRC through their Customs Grant Scheme for some courses.
- Chamber webinar recordings from throughout the year that cover a range of topics from COVID and mindset resilience, to staff motivation and strategies.
- International documentation including ATA Carnets, International Import Certificates, Arab Certificates of Origin, A.TR Movement Certificates, EUR1 Movement Certificates and European Certificates of Origin. We can also arrange for the legalisation of these documents through the Chamber Network.
- Information on other topics that could impact your business including people, trade, borders, digital, regulations and standards, tax, finance and banking as well as funding.
- Links to other useful sources of information to keep you updated including the British Chambers of Commerce, New Anglia LEP and the GOV.UK website (who also provide an email service for updates).
Many of these resources are free for members and non-members, or are discounted for members. Click here to learn about the other benefits of becoming a member.
Going further to help ease the pressure on your business
In addition to the hub, we are delighted to announce that we have specialist Brexit advisers available to talk to. These advisers are qualified to manage Customs Declarations, making them a fantastic, easy to reach, point of contact for your business.
We do recommend phoning in sooner, rather than later, as this service has been incredibly popular. You can contact an adviser by calling 01603 625977.
By covering all angles, we hope to make this a stress-free process for your business. Especially as 2020 has been one of the most difficult years in the last few decades. Together we can be Brexit-ready.