UK Government extends Furlough to March 2021
In light of the increased restrictions the UK government is introducing additional economic and business support measures.
The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS)
Yesterday, the Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak MP announced a five-month extension of CJRS, also known as the furlough scheme. The CJRS will now run until the end of March 2021 with employees receiving 80% of their current salary for hours not worked.
Find more information on:
- the extension to the CJRS which ends on 31 March 2021;
- which employees you can put on furlough to use the CJRS
- if you can claim for your employees’ wages using the CJRS
- the steps you need to take before calculating your claim;
- how much you can claim
- claiming for wages through the scheme
The Job Support Scheme will not be introduced until after Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme ends