Vicki Mitman, a solicitor in the firm’s Franchising team, recently attended the bfa Affiliate and Midlands Regional Forums. The bfa works closely with its members and affiliate members to help advance knowledge and expertise within the franchise industry and acts as the voice of ethical franchising in the UK providing information and advice to businesses looking to expand their current operations through franchising and to people considering joining a franchise. At forums, bfa members and professional advisors share information and ideas along with discussing current market trends and debating certain “hot” topics.
At the forums last week the following issues were discussed:
- How to grow franchising
- What franchisors do to launch a new franchise
- How to motivate franchisees in a mature network
- How franchisors use their networks to help them recruit new franchisees
- Review of the bfa Annual Conference (21/22 June 2012) – including ideas and discussion topics for the next annual conference.
- Update on the bfa/NatWest survey – the survey monitors the performance, attitude and opinions within the franchise industry. The survey revealed that the annual contribution to UK turnover within the franchising industry is now £13.4bn and that there are 929 active franchises. Both the annual turnover and the number of active franchises have increased quite considerably from 2011.
- bfa News and Update – including the launch of franchisee membership and the upcoming roundtable discussions and social evening on 19 July 2012
Leathes Prior is an affiliate member of the bfa and has specialised in franchising for over 30 years.
To view or discuss membership and the benefits available to your business:
Click here or call us on 01603 625977
One of the UK’s most dynamic and fast-growing Facilities Management services providers
We are Greater Anglia – the new franchise for the train services in East Anglia
EDF Energy's vision is to ensure the Sizewell C Development provides a sustainable legacy for Norfolk and Suffolk
Over 80 shops, 17 cafes and restaurants, and a 1000 space shoppers car park in the heart of Norwich.
With traditional British turkey farming values at its heart, Bernard Matthews Farms is much more than a food business.
We are the UK's largest insurer and one of Europe's leading providers of life and general insurance.
If you would like to speak to a member of our team there are many ways you can get in touch with us