Engaging Norfolk businesses on Norfolk Day
Do you want your Norfolk business to be commercially stronger and competitive?
Do you want to be an employer of choice who can both attract and retain talent?
There is copious evidence that businesses with high levels of employee engagement are more efficient and effective. Employee engagement is about:
- Finding a deeper commitment from our employees so less leave, sick absence reduces, conflicts and grievances reduce, accident rates reduce and productivity and ultimately profit increase.
- Using our employees’ creativity, knowledge and ideas to improve customer service and products and the way we do business.
- Businesses behaving with integrity and acting in line with its company values.
Surely this is what Norfolk needs to start addressing the skills gap and to retain and attract talent. As an employer located in a region with an above average aging population, how will you attract and retain the talented workforce you want? Are you offering what millennials want? Are you focussed on profits or process but not people? What happens when the people go elsewhere?
We want everyone working in Norfolk to want, and be able, to give their best each day, so that each day is a great day at work, and that workplaces in Norfolk are thriving, growing and developing through the commitment, energy, and creativity of the people that work in them.
Join us on Norfolk Day for the launch of Engaging Norfolk, a new initiative linked to the Engage for Success movement.
This free event will:
- Kick start a movement in Norfolk to address the skills gap by raising awareness of the benefits of an engaged workforce and through shared learning and practical insights from other Norfolk businesses help you make your business a great place to work.
- Share with you the four key drivers of employee engagement
- Demonstrate how engagement drives both sales and profit
- Offer the opportunity to network with like-minded Norfolk businesses.
Engaging Norfolk is being led by Cassandra Andrews, a Norfolk employee engagement specialist and is generously supported by Norfolk Chamber of Commerce, Birketts LLP and Pure Resourcing.
We are incredibly fortunate to have David Macleod OBE as our Key note speaker
In 2007 David co-authored ‘The Extra Mile: How to engage your people to win’. In 2008, David was invited with Nita Clarke to report on Engagement in the UK, resulting in the publication of Engaging For Success (also known as the MacLeod Report) in 2009 and the setting up of the Engage for Success Movement. David is co-chair of the government sponsored, employer led Employee Engagement Task Force launched by the Prime Minister at Number 10 in March 2011. This follows an early career in marketing followed by becoming a CEO of a global business formed through the merger of an ICI and a Unilever business. He has worked at senior levels in manufacturing and in the services sectors. He has been an NED of three Government Departments and has worked for a year and a half in the Cabinet Office.
For more information or to secure your free ticket: https://www.cassandraandrews.com/engaging-norfolk