Gas Safe Register – do I need a registered engineer?

Andrew Baines from Qdos

Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are registered to work safely and legally on gas appliances in the United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Guernsey. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register. It replaced CORGI registration in April 2009.
It’s important to take care of your gas appliances. Get your gas appliances safety checked once a year by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Annual maintenance not only helps keep your heating and hot water working properly, it helps keep you safe.

Why do I need to use a Gas Safe registered engineer?
In the right hands, gas is safe, but badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix or service your gas boiler, gas cooker and other gas appliances. Gas Safe Register is here to help keep you and your family safe.

How do I check that my engineer is on the Gas Safe Register?
All Gas Safe registered engineers carry a Gas Safe Register ID card, with their own unique licence number, showing the type of work they are qualified to do. Before any gas work is carried out always ask for the engineer’s ID card.
Remember to check both sides of the ID card for:

  • The licence number
  • The start and expiry dates of their registration
  • The work your engineer is registered to do
  • The engineer’s up-to-date qualifications

How do I find a Gas Safe registered engineer?
It’s easy. All Gas Safe registered engineers are listed on the website

Share this

Gold Patrons & Strategic Partners