You are here
Research shows there is a growing gap between business and young people; Norfolk Chamber wants to help bridge that gap by offering schools our discounted Young Chamber membership package. Norfolk Chamber is uniquely placed, with over 950 members, to create a strategic partnership between your school and the local business community. We will support you to deliver business engagement activities for your students that help them learn and develop the skills for their future. To help us achieve these goals, we have a Young Chamber Board which includes representatives from Norse, Aviva, and KakeCo entrepreneur Kieran Miles.
We can also help your school improve its Ofsted rating. We are here to help you develop a wide range of skills and information that students need to make career choices. Ofsted states that schools should be aiming to deliver ‘high quality, impartial careers guidance’, and help pupils prepare for the next stage of their education, training, or employment.
Please click here to download our Young Chamber leaflet.
Young Chamber Membership
We understand that the pressure and time constraints on teaching staff makes it difficult to achieve everything you would like to! Here are just a few of the ways Young Chamber membership can help you.
- Help to arrange business talks with a local employer
- Support recruiting business governors
- Student engagement through a Student Council Enterprise Champion (chosen from your students)
- Entry into National Education and Business Partnership Chamber Awards
- Access to business and education forums with businesses and other schools
- Local business intelligence including labour market, employment and skills trends
- Publicity on our website and in Norfolk Voice magazine (to 2,500+ business people in Norfolk)
- Free voucher to attend Norfolk Chamber networking event (value of £25)
- Use of the official Young Chamber, and Norfolk Chamber member, logos on your marketing materials to show your school is engaged with the local business community, raising your profile to potential students, teachers and parents.
- Plus all the business benefits of being a Chamber member such as free HR and Legal advice line
All this for just £350* + VAT per year (*includes £50 initial joining fee).
To join as a Young Chamber School member, please click here.
If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Nova Fairbank: email or call 01603 729713.