Schools can apply for Stage 3 (Commended) however they must have met the requirements for Stages 1 & 2 before being able to achieve Stage 3.
Can provide evidence that a culture of employability and enterprise is embedded into the education establishment through at least 4 of the below 7:
- Teacher CPD
- Linked curriculum to industry
- Functional skill development
- Student mentorship opportunities
- Ongoing relationship with 3 local businesses
- Member of the business community on the governing board
- Strategic plan developed with the support of an enterprise advisor
- A schools will have been verified as completing Stage 1 and 2.
- Successful applications to each Stage are reviewed every 2 years. A school can move up each stage at any time following verification.
- A school is only verified once a member of the Young Chamber Board has confirmed the evidence provided to complete a Stage.
- If the evidence provided does not satisfy the compliance for meeting that Stage’s criteria, a school has the option to stay at its current Stage and apply again when new evidence can be supplied.
Evidence and Verification
- At least one member of the Young Chamber Board is invited into a school for a face to face meeting (lasting no longer than 1.5 hours)
- Evidence supplied from internal tracking systems already monitored by Ofsted as well as evidence from appropriate sources
- Evidence kept on record and verified with two signatures from the Young Chamber Board
Success of each applicant:
On the success of an application the applicant is awarded recognition in the following way.
- Receive a revised physical certificate in the post with an additional ‘Red Tick’ on the badge for 4 items and a ‘Gold Tick’ for more than 4.
- A revised digital badge to use online
- Receive a physical award such as plaque or trophy along with a presentation of the award.
To enter the award scheme you must register your interest here and a member of the Young Chamber team will be in touch.
The awards are free to enter and aim to provide a platform not only to recognise the work already happening within education, but to create a springboard for new relationships between businesses and education.
For any questions on this awards scheme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org