University Technical College Norfolk
We are STEM based institution for students at Key Stage 4 and 5 (age 14-19). We particularly specialise in Engineering, Physics, Maths and Computer Science.
Our Business needs:
Ongoing throughout the academic year:
- Year 12 students complete one day a week (Friday) Work experience or Volunteering- we are always looking for more places
- Year 12 students complete Employer lead projects one day a week (Wed)- we are always looking for new employers who would like to design and run a project
- Community mentors- we run a mentoring programme with year 11 and are looking to recruit new mentors for next year
- Assemblies- we routinely have employers in to present to students and can be very flexible on timings if any employers particularly want to target STEM interested students
- Year 12 CV review morning - 3rd April 9.15-11.15- looking for employers/recruiters to spend time with year 12 students evaluating how they can their experiences into statements for CV/s, application forms, UCAS
- Employer event Thursday 4th April 4pm-7pm- a careers fair aimed at current and prospective students and their parents- space still available for STEM employers who would like a stand
- Getting Ready for work day- 3rd July- 9am-3pm event to prepare yr 12 and 10 for work experience- employer volunteers to run practice interviews/role plays etc very welcome
- Work experience- Mon 8th July to 19th July- we still need placements for year 10 and 12 students - can be one week or two
For more information please contact Sharn Crane - email@example.com
University Technical College Norfolk is an exciting school specifically set up to develop tomorrow’s engineering and technology specialists. UTCN specialises in advanced engineering and energy skills, but will provide a fantastic educational foundation for any student who has an interest in engineering, science, maths or computing areas.
The UTC ethos and curriculum is heavily influenced by local and national employers who also provide support and work experience for students. This allows our students to receive the best opportunities and discover clear progression routes into higher education, apprenticeships and employment. With 100% sixth form progression, it is clear that we have been successful at this.
After attending the UTCN many students will go onto further education or higher education at university prior to starting exciting careers. Others will go onto apprenticeships, which combine formal education and training alongside a real job. Whatever pathway you choose, the UTC will provide you with valuable skills and experience to help you seek and secure well-paid and exciting employment in your future science, maths and engineering career.
Become a Member
Whether you are looking to grow your business, raise your profile in the local community, network with other Norfolk businesses, trade internationally or raise your (or your staffs) skill level, being a member of the Norfolk Chamber can help you achieve your businesses objectives.
From £99* a year