HR for beginners (England & Wales) - digital event
This digital event will introduce you to the fundamentals of employing people. It maps the employment relationship from recruitment, issuing contracts, managing holidays, absence and disciplinary matters, through to ending the employment relationship.
You will also receive a helpful tool kit of sample policies and letters to use in your workplace.
The event will be delivered via Zoom, in two sessions, over two consecutive days. The duration of each session will be 3 hours.
The dates are:
- Day 1 - 30th March 2021, 10:00 - 13:00
- Day 2 - 31st March 2021, 10:00 - 13:00
You've been successful in running your business so far, but maybe now you need help hiring and managing people. Or perhaps your manager has given you the job of dealing with all things HR in your company, you are new to it and don't know where to start.
To help, we have put together all the essentials of HR and employment relations into a convenient, digital training event.
Delivered via Zoom, the event focuses on the key elements a HR role and assumes no prior knowledge. There will be informal discussion opportunities and practical exercises throughout to encourage active delegate participation.
Day one will cover equality, recruitment and contracts of employment.
Day two will cover discipline matters, absence and ending an employment relationship.
You will also receive a digital toolkit of sample policies and letters to use in your workplace.
All delegates will receive an electronic certificate of attendance for their participation in the training.
Delegates from all sectors of industry including: managers, supervisors, team leaders, HR professionals, business owners, Trade Union representatives, employee representatives and individuals who wish to enhance their CPD.
- Types of discrimination and the areas which are covered by discrimination law
- How to draft a job description and a person specification
- How to prepare, structure and run effective interviews
- How to assess evidence and make decisions
Contracts of employment
- How to put the main terms and conditions in writing
- Rules on pay, hours of work and holidays
- How to make changes to terms and conditions
- Dealing effectively with problems areas by following the Acas code of practice on discipline and grievance
- Taking informal action, holding formal disciplinary meetings and dealing with employee grievances
- How to deal fairly and effectively with unauthorised absence, short term illness and long-term sickness through an absence policy
Ending the employment relationship
- When is a dismissal fair and when might it be unfair
- Different ways to end a contract and rules on notice and notice pay
Have a large group of staff to train?
To save you time and money, we can deliver bespoke training at your workplace. To find out more contact our Customer Services Team on 0300 123 1150 or complete our online enquiry form
We also offer free e-learning on a wide range of employment relations topics. It's a great way to develop, enhance and refresh your knowledge, providing you with the opportunity to work through theory, explore case studies and answer interactive questions.
Need more than training?
We recognise that every organisation is different. Our specialists can diagnose issues in your workplace and tailor practical solutions to address the challenges faced by you and your staff. To arrange a call or visit or to simply find out more, contact our Customer Services Team on 0300 123 1150 or complete our online enquiry form
Venue Delivered digitally via Zoom Date 30/03/2021 Time 10:00 - 13:00
Price £175.00 per person Please note our training events are VAT exempt
Please call Acas on 0300 123 1150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org i