You are here
Managing extreme persistent and difficult workplace behaviours (Part 1) - 3 March 2020
- Difficult staff behaviour seems to be a growing problem in many organisations. Most people behave well most of the time, but problems can develop in the workplace with staff that show extreme, persistent and difficult behaviour.
In collaboration with Martin Smith PhD, this unique workshop develops understanding and strategies to help managers and HR staff at all levels manage this small but very difficult group of any workforce.
This event is co-delivered by an Acas Senior Adviser offering best practice workplace advice and Martin Smith PhD.
Martin is an accredited member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, a life member of the Open University Psychological Society and a member of the Institute of Leadership and Management. A senior lecturer in psychotherapy at Nottingham Trent University and independent training consultant, he specialises in extreme difficult behaviour in the workplace and personality issues which go well beyond simply awkward.
NB: this workshop looks at extreme difficult and manipulative behaviours that go beyond the plain awkward.
All delegates will receive an electronic certificate of attendance for their participation in the training.
Delegates from all sectors of industry including: managers, supervisors, team leaders, HR professionals, business owners, Trade Union representatives, employee representatives and individuals who wish enhance their CPD. Programme
This event will cover:
- Understanding extreme difficult behaviour (EDB)
- Understanding how staff develop in to an EDB
- Identifying the “Predator from the Prey”
- Awareness of difficult personality types
This course will:
- Develop strategies to manage extreme difficult behaviour in the workplace
- Use an active case study to identify language and behaviour of an EDB
- Recognise key warning signs to help tackle extreme difficult behaviour at an early stage.
NB: Delegates attending this event may also wish to book our part two event which provides delegates with the opportunity to practice the skills developed in part one, through interactive exercises.
Venue De Vere Hotel Dunston Hall Date 03/03/2020 Time 09:30 - 16:00 Price £255.00 per person Please note our training events are VAT exempt Please call Acas on 0300 123 1150 or email email@example.com