The Norfolk Hospice Hold Up

Event Details

Thursday, 10 September, 2015 -
10:00 to 15:00

The Hospice Hold Up, is taking place on Thursday 10th September 2015 in King's Lynn. This annual event raises much-needed funds for our patients and their families.

The Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House provides specialist palliative care for people living with life shortening conditions in West and North Norfolk and the Fens. A wide range of care and therapies are offered to people including: physiotherapy, creative therapies, hospice at home, bereavement support, home sits and symptom management. It currently costs the Hospice in excess of £2 million to provide this care each year. The NHS funds only 10% of this, with the remaining 90% coming from fundraising activities like the Hospice Hold Up.

For the event we would require yourself or a member of your team to be arrested for charity. Each year we arrest around 20 business men and women, with real police officers, in either their work place or a public place. Arrests take place between 9am and 11am. Prisoners are then escorted to ‘prison’ where finger prints and mug shots are taken. Prisoners are fed and watered – but do not worry it’s not bread and water for our Hospice prisoners. £500 bail is collected and prisoners are free to leave early/mid-afternoon.

It’s a great opportunity to network with other local business men and women whilst raising money for a local charity. Bail is £500,  which can be raised beforehand or during the event by asking colleagues, suppliers, customers, friends and family for donations towards your bail. The press usually attend the event and the Hospice has an army of photographers taking photos of the day which will be shared with you post event.

We require all prisioners to be in King's Lynn to be arrested.

If you have any further questions or would like to take part please do not hesitate to contact me on jessica.walker@norfolkhospice.org.uk.

We really hope you are able to take part.

Gold Patrons