Progressive Change in Alternative Provisions
Passionate about education and young people?
Come along to our Alternative Provision Conference - 'Progressive Change' this coming November!
The conference will focus on the benefits of alternative provision and discuss progressive change.
Guest speakers confirmed so far...
We are delighted to announce we will be joined this year by Sarah Dove, from Phoenix Education Consultancy. Sarah has over 15 years in strategic educational roles across pupil referral units, alternative provision, specialist resource provisions, psychiatric in-patient services, hospital education, care homes and secure settings.
We will also be joined by Kiran Gill from The Difference. Kiran started her career teaching in inner-city secondary schools, specialising in teacher training and improving literacy teaching across the curriculum. Her published research focuses on poverty, social mobility and the evolution of the school led system in England.
The conference will address:
- Achieving alternative provision excellence across the sector
- Effective models of school and provider relationships
- Increase in 14-16 year olds being excluded from mainstream schools
- Rise in the number of home-educated students being removed from schools by parents
- Sustainable, suitable transition to post-16 training or employment