Considering becoming an exporter?
Exporting for the first time can be a daunting experience but your local chamber can offer help and advice on starting your export journey. If you’re considering launching a product in a foreign market or have received an enquiry from overseas for the first time, we can point you in the right direction. Whether you need access to market research, or help with documentation, you local chamber can offer friendly, informative advice.
We can also point you to other agencies that might be able to assist with specialist services or knowledge.
You may want to consider some of the following points before you export for the first time:
- Will you need to adapt your product offer to suit overseas markets?
- Are there any regulatory requirements you need to take into account?
- How will you choose which markets to export to?
- What effect will different languages and culture have on your ways of working?
- Will you be able to find customers directly or will you need to have other channels or routes to market, using agents or distributors for example?
- How important will it be to have ready availability of stock in country to satisfy demand and will you need to have access to resource on the ground to provide after sales service?
- Will you need to change your promotion planning?
- How will you protect your intellectual property?
- Have got the necessary skills to complete export documentation etc?
- How will you get paid?
Your local chamber can help you get the information you need to answer these questions and the many more that will come to mind as you start your export journey.
To speak to us about any of these issue please contact us on 01603 625977 or email@example.com