Free International Trade Training Courses
Did you know many of our International Trade Training courses are eligible for HMRC funding?
If you're a customs agent or your company uses agents and intermediaries to trade with the EU you need to understand how to meet customs requirements fast and efficiently after the end of the transition period.
HMRC has made record funding of £50 million available to enhance its Customs Grant Scheme. From 29 July 2020, organisations can apply for funding to reimburse a number of costs associated with increasing their capacity and enhancing their ability to complete customs declarations, ahead of the new rules from January 2021.
Businesses can apply for funding for recruitment, employee training and IT, in preparation for additional customs declarations. Eligible organisations include traders and customs intermediaries (such as customs brokers, fast parcel operators and freight forwarders) who make or intend to make customs declarations for their own goods or on behalf of others. Organisations which recruit, train and place apprentices into customs intermediaries or other organisations which undertake customs declarations activity are also eligible to apply.
All eligible organisations which are currently and have been based in, or with a branch in, the UK for at least a year can apply for all elements of the grant.
This funding can be used for the following courses:
- Tuesday 15 September 2020 - Preference Rules of Origin - BCC accredited
- Thursday 17 September 2020 - Customs Procedures and Documentation - BCC accredited
- Wednesday 07 October 2020 - Incoterms® 2020 - BCC accredited
- Wednesday 14 October 2020 - Import Procedures - BCC accredited
- Thursday 15 October 2020 - Customs Declaration Training
- Tuesday 03 November 2020 - Inward and Outward Processing Relief - BCC accredited
- Wednesday 11 November 2020 - Customs Declaration Training
- Wednesday 18 November 2020 - Trade Commodity Codes
- Thursday 10 December 2020 - Customs Declaration Training
All courses are available to book here and training is open to both members and non-members.
Members of the Norfolk Chambers of Commerce receive a significant discount on training costs.
For more information on how to claim for HMRC funding, click here.