Norfolk Chambers: Director of the Board Vacancies
We hope as valued Chamber members that you are aware of our compelling Mission: ‘To Connect, Support and Give Voice to Every Business in Norfolk.’ This mission is backed further by a strong vision: ‘What You Need is What We Do’.
To achieve both requires guidance and support from a very special group of our members. People who both share our passion and are also, as willing representatives of the business community, ensuring all Chamber activities and actions support the Mission and shape the Vision – This group being our wonderful Board members.
‘Ready Steady Grow’
Norfolk Chambers has been on a journey of transformation, that will culminate in a modern, culturally and digitally relevant organisation, fit for another 125 years. Our five year plan, starting in 2022, will capitalise on the huge modernisation efforts and changes of the last 5 years and enable revenue growth from innovation, made possible by the work to date.
Over the five year period, we seek to achieve further relevancy via greater engagement; digital enhancements; a strong member focus; and the ability to provide our members with the tools to digitally display their wares and articulate their needs.
Our Board members help influence and shape the strategic direction of the Norfolk Chambers. They are representative of the Norfolk business community, in terms of sector and geography, as well as from a diversity and equality perspective.
To help with these future plans, we are seeking to recruit between four to six new Board Members and are particularly interested in candidates with the following attributes:
- Sectors: Manufacturing, Engineering, Digital & ICT and Financial/Legal
- Business people at the start of their careers
- Business people that represent that widest community
- Micro businesses and Sole Traders
However, any applicants from outside these areas will of course be considered.
In addition to being a champion for your own sector, as a full member of the Board you will be responsible for supporting the operational and strategic direction of the company.
Candidate Criteria – Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- A Board Member must be a member of Norfolk Chambers of Commerce
- Holds a senior position Director, owner, or equivalent influence
- Can demonstrate experience working within a Board structure or with their personal sector groups
- Knowledge of non-profit organisations
- Knowledge of strategy, planning, budgets
- Knowledge and experience of the needs of SMEs
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate organisational growth
- A keen and comfortable networker
- Participation at all quarterly Board meetings, including the Annual General Meeting and other meetings as required
- Enthusiasm, drive and a passion for Norfolk and its business community.
The deadline for applications to be received is Friday 11 February 2022 and initial selection interviews will be held on Friday 11 March 2022, followed by final interviews on 18 March. Successful candidates will be notified of interview by the end of February. For more information on the Norfolk Chambers of Commerce, please visit our website: www.norfolkchamber.co.uk
If you are interested in being considered for a position on the Norfolk Chambers of Commerce Board, we would ask you to complete the online application form.
Please send the completed form to: Nova.email@example.com