Employment Update Briefing - Thursday 21 March 2013
Steeles Law's employment team would be delighted to welcome you to our next employment law update briefing, which will be held on Thursday 21 March 2013 at St Andrews House, St Andrews Street, Norwich, NR2 4TP, 8.00am (for 8.30am start) to 10.00am.
The briefing will be delivered by qualified and experienced lawyers who specialise exclusively in employment law, with the emphasis on the practical implications of the law for your business. Delegates find these briefings a fantastic opportunity to keep up-to-date with the latest legal developments:
“An excellent update, a must attend for the HR professional. Very good value for money!”
“I find these briefings to be an essential part of keeping up-to-date with varying employment matters. You give real information and practical guidance to take away and apply. Thank you.”
Wide-ranging and radical reforms of employment legislation are due to take place during 2013 and beyond. The briefing will cover essential recent and forthcoming developments in employment law, including the following topics:
- Termination of employment: Looking at new plans for pre-termination negotiations and “settlement agreements”, as well as changes to compensation awards for unfair dismissal and a review of some recent cases in this area.
- Tribunal rules of procedure: A brief overview of major changes to the tribunal rules taking effect in April 2013 including the introduction later in the year of fees for lodging tribunal claims as well as plans for compulsory pre-claim conciliation.
- Redundancy: Outlining changes to the rules on collective redundancy consultation due to take effect in April and some recent cases on redundancy dismissals.
- Family-friendly rights: Looking ahead at plans for shared leave as well as extensions to flexible working and parental leave rights.
- Working time: Reviewing the latest developments in relation to sickness absence and holiday, and plans for reform of the Working Time Regulations.
- Employment status: Considering the impact of recent case law and looking at Government plans for the introduction of a new “employee-shareholder” status from April 2013.
- TUPE: Outlining major proposals for reform of the existing TUPE Regulations and key case law developments in this area.
- Religion and belief: Looking at recent high-profile decisions from the European Court of Human Rights and considering the potential impact for employers.
We can offer confirmation of attendance for CPD purposes for those delegates who require this.
The briefing will start at 8.30am on Thursday 21 March 2013 (breakfast will be served from 8.00am) and will finish at approximately 10.00am, allowing you to attend with minimum disruption to your working day. Parking is available nearby at St Andrews car park.
The cost of the briefing is just £30 plus VAT per person and includes a buffet breakfast, which will be available before the briefing. If you book a place by 4 March 2013, you can book a second place at half price, for just £15 plus VAT.
If you would like to attend please contact Gemma Pendleton, Marketing Manager, with details of delegate name(s), job title, full company name and address, telephone and email contact details, and details of any dietary requirements.