Free courses for care sector workers this December
Submitted on Wed, 07/11/2012
Norvic are pleased to be running two free courses on 19th December:
Gastrostomy Care and Tracheostomy Care
Gastrostomy Care 09:00 - 12:00
- What is a Percutaneous Gastrostomy (PEG)?
- When is a PEG used?
- Common reasons
- Benefits of PEG feeding
- Care of PEG tube
- Feeding by Nasogastric tubes
- Procedure prior to a Nasogastric feed
- Preparation and storage of feeds
- Administration of feeds
Tracheostomy Care 12:30 - 15:30
- What is a Tracheostomy?
- Why Tracheostomy?
- Types of Tracheostomy tubes
- Care of the Tracheostomy patient/tube
- Why humidification?
- Heat-moisture exchange unit
- Changing inner cannula (tube) - Why and when - Equipment & procedure
- Changing Tracheostomy Dressing - Why and when - Equipment & procedure
- Suction of Tracheostomy tube - Why and when - Equipment & procedure
- Resuscitation for Neck-breathing Patients
Places are free but limited - Call 01603 861612 or email us to book