How to Identify Barriers to Growth
This service is for our members only
In this short session we will share our advice on how best to identify opportunities for organic growth, and identify and mitigate barriers to growth.
• Understand why is listening to the customer so important?
• Undersand what customers actually buy?
• Understand (organic) growth as creating, delivering and capturing more value.
• Understand Value versus Waste in the work cycle.
• How to understand a customer's needs and wants and create 'perceived' value for them.
• Be able to utilise several simplistic but thought-provoking tools, to identify both opportunities for, and threats to growing your business.
• Understand costs and what you customer will and will not pay for.
• Be able to identify and eliminate wastes in your business.
• How to work smarter rather than harder and realease capacity for growth.
Who should attend:
Anyone who wants to start a journey of acheiving sustainable year-on-year organic growth.
About the presenter:
Steve's subject knowledge is based on over 30 years experience in manufacturing, predominantly in the Aerospace, Defence and Automotive sectors, as well as several other commercial companies. Practical, hands-on experience in senior positions such as Supply Chain Manager, Head of Materials & Manufacturing, Operations Manager and Lean Change Agent is supported by key qualifications including MCIPS and MSc Procurement.
Although Lean is perceived by many to be the domain of the manufacturing sector, Steve has proven that its core methodology of continuous improvement can be applied to just about any size and type of business, from the sole-trader upwards. He has demonstrated to many start-ups in recent years, the benefits an upfront continuous improvement approach can deliver in a very short time-frame, with minimal investment.