Letters of Credit / Methods of Payment - BCC Accredited
£256 + VAT
£320 + VAT
Can you describe the four main methods of payment and three types of letter of credit? With over 75% of letters of credit being rejected on first presentation to the bank, companies want to be able to avoid the extra costs involved.
This full day course aims to provide delegates with knowledge and understanding of procedures involved to ensure they are paid for their goods.
- Be able to identify and describe the different types of letter of credit and methods of payment used in international trade
- To comply with the requirements of a letter of credit and different methods of payment
- Identify and understand the necessary documents for payment
- How to prepare and present the relevant documents in accordance with the terms of the letter of credit to ensure payment
- Describe the main parties in a letter of credit transaction and their roles
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone involved in the export or import process such as; accounts, purchasing / buyers, freight forwarders, shipping, marketing, customer services, goods inward staff and many more.
“I have a much better understanding of the subject as a whole and the knowledge to allow me to tackle letters of credit going forward.”
“This course has helped me to increase my knowledge and confidence in handling letters of credit.”
15% of fee payable if delegates cancel more than 7 days in advance. If less than 7 days the full fee is payable.
One of the 'core 10' courses accredited by British Chambers of Commerce (BCC). Candidates achieving Pass or Merit in the course will receive a certificate. Those who pass 6 individual courses will achieve a nationally recognised Foundation Award in International Trade.