CII R02 Investment Principles and Risk - Study Support
Skills Edge Training are offering study support across a wide range of CII units.
We deliver 6 online workshops across 12 weeks for each CII unit. These workshops are delivered by a CII lead trainer with over 20 years' experience and will provide you with a study structure and allow you to understand the real world application of the study text. Providing tuition, tips, tricks and strategies, these sessions will ensure you are exam ready.
All workshops are completed live in a virtual classroom, these are also recorded and are available to catch up on demand. You will also have access to our interactive forum which allows you to ask questions to your tutor and peers between sessions. In addition, you will also be provided access to RM Advance which will provide you with additional resources such as study guides and mock assessments.
The R02 Investment Principles and Risk qualification provides you with the fundamental knowledge of key investment theories, economics and types of risk. At the end of this course you will have learnt:
- Characteristics, inherent risks, behaviour and correlation of asset classes, and investment products;
- Macro-economic environment and its impact on asset classes;
- Merits and limitations of the main investment theories;
- Nature and impact of the main types of risk on investment performance;
- Performance of investments.
This course consists of 6 online workshops delivered fortnightly with Sue Cox; CII principle trainer with over 20 years of financial services training and coaching experience. In addition to this, you have access to interactive forums, resources and class notebook.
You will need to commit to approximately 5 hours per week independent study.
Who Is It For:
This qualification is ideal for anyone considering a career within wealth management. It is also a strong starting point for many professionals looking to achieve their CertPFS (Certificate in Paraplanning) or DipPFA (Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning) and are interested in becoming a Paraplanner or Financial Adviser.
What You Will Learn:
This course covers 9 learning outcomes:
- Analyse the characteristics, inherent risks, behaviour and correlation of asset classes
- Understand the macro-economic environment and its impact on asset classes
- Understand the merits and limitations of the main investment theories
- Apply the principles of the time value of money
- Analyse and explain the nature and impact of the main types of risk on investment performance
- Analyse the characteristics, inherent risks, behaviours and relevant tax considerations of investment products
- Apply the investment advice process
- Understand the principles of investment planning
- Analyse the performance of investment
This qualification is assessed through 100 questions: 72 standard format and 28 multiple response questions. 2 hours are allowed for the exam. You will need to purchase your exam and book this directly with the Chartered Insurance Institute.
Future Job Roles:
With R02 you can consider support positions within financial advisory and wealth management firms. Most professionals complete this qualification with a view of completing the remaining 5 R0 examinations and achieving the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning (DipPFS). With the DipPFS you can practice as a Financial Adviser.
Before undertaking the course you should have ordered the R02 Investment Principles and Risks study text.
If you are pursuing a career in financial services you may consider becoming a member of the Chartered Insurance Institute to lower the overall costs of exams.
There are no other formal entry requirements.
Our programmes are delivered and supported through Microsoft Teams. You will need to download the Microsoft Teams application onto a PC. This application is also available for IOS and Android.
It is highly recommend that you access the workshops through a PC with full audio capabilities (microphone and speakers) and preferably you will participate with a headset.
These are online workshops and you will require a steady internet connection.