Dealing With Difficult People and Situations
£195.00 + VAT
£195.00 + VAT
One of the most important skill sets to develop in business is being able to deal confidently with a difficult situation or person. Using and building on our resilience skills to develop an assertive and positive mindset, we will explore how our behaviour can be used to meet yours and other’s needs effectively.
We will challenge traditional perceptions of ‘difficult people’, increase confidence in handling difficult situations and look at practical solutions to conflict scenarios. Not only will we improve our ability to handle these situations, we will examine our own impact and learn how to prevent them from happening in the first place!
Benefits of attending this workshop:
- Recognise the key elements of what makes a situation difficult.
- Increase your understanding of the motivation of behaviour.
- Develop your level of flexibility in handling difficult situations.
- Become more strategic, insightful and professional when resolving difficult situations.
- Increase your self-awareness and emotional control.
- Increased confidence and assertiveness, especially when faced with challenging people.
- Learn the different techniques of dealing with conflict and being more strategic in your approach to resolution.
- Understand the impact of our own behaviour and be able to prevent situations from happening in the first place.
- What makes a situation difficult?
- Understanding personal ‘scripts’ and their impact of behaviour.
- The motivation of behaviour and how to use our new understanding to adapt our response to a situation.
- ‘Triple Perspective Thinking’ – developing the skill of being able to think using other perspectives.
- Understanding our emotions.
- Assertive communication – key elements of an assertive mindset and how to improve our communication.
- Conflict management styles – learn different techniques to approach and resolve conflict.
- Understanding our own impact on situations.
- Using our learning to prevent difficult situations in the first place.
This course is a one day open programme, running 9am - 4:30pm on May 13th 2020
To find out more, contact us:
Tel: 01603 881689