If you're looking for a good starting point with Excel, this is it.
The mystery of calculations will dissolve and getting everything to fit on the right number of pages will become a few seconds work.
You will have a spreadsheet up and running with calculations within an hour and by lunchtime you'll be happy duplicating a number of different calculations across the spreadsheet. Formatting columns, text and numbers will ensure the spreadsheet looks good on the screen, and will still look good when fitted to a page with headers and footers for printing.
Tips, tricks and shortcuts abound and we can't resist squeezing in a quick chart at the end of the day, just to show how easy it is.
You will learn:
- The Excel screen - The proper names for components of the screen and how to use them
- Spreadsheet basics - Entering and editing information along with saving as various file types
- AutoFill - Filling calculations, dates and text based lists such as months of the year
- Calculations - Add, subtract, multiply, divide and percentages
- Functions - Sum, Average, Min and Max
- Formatting - Column & row, numbers, date and time as well as text
- Printing - Scaling up and down to fit a page along with headers and footers
- Working with larger spreadsheets - Freezing and splitting the screen