Get Agile in a Day
Learn how Agile methods are used in practice through group activities and personal reflection!
About this event
Right now a project is failing. Projects fail or suffer delays every single day. The failure of projects is almost never technology. It is because of poor management of people and tasks!
Agile project management is a way of approaching a project using small and powerful teams. These teams take greater ownership of tasks, understand the bigger picture and work on a cycle of continuous improvement to accelerate towards being the best they can be.
Get Agile in a Day
This session will provide you with an overview of what Agile project management is, where it comes from and the potential power it has for small teams. In this workshop, we will be discussing how you can apply Agile to all kinds of project management, and the session will be an interactive experience for you to learn Agile and Scrum Framework concepts. Further, the day will provide you with clear and engaging demonstrations of how Agile methods are used in practice through group activities and personal reflection and we will also share some quick wins with you to help you get started on your Agile journey.
What you will get from attending this workshop:
- 5 hours of Agile training
- A good working understanding of Agile Project Management and the Scrum basics such as values, principles, roles and artifacts
- Hands-on and practical exercises
- Take-home material from the session that will aid you in starting your Agile journey and that you also can share with colleagues and use to practice further
- Access to all supporting course material, including post-access to the Miro board that will be used during the session
- Networking opportunities during breakout rooms and other interactive exercises
Following the session, the Business Development Team at Hethel Innovation will be available to make 1-1 appointments to help you and your team become more Agile!
Who is this session for?
• Anyone who is unsure if Agile is the right approach for them
• Anyone who manages a team and wants to improve productivity
• Anyone who wants to improve communication amongst a team
• Anyone who is sick of projects running past deadlines
• Anyone who needs greater cohesion and team focus
Agile Project Management is a course provided by Hethel Innovation as part of the Breakthrough project. This project is for the support of SMEs in Norfolk and Suffolk. As such you may not qualify for entry as we have to abide by specific eligibility criteria. Sign up for a ticket and we will be in touch to confirm eligibility.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Delivered by Rikke Nagell-Kleven from Hethel Innovation. Rikke is an Innovation Advisor in the Business Development Team with a background from both molecular medicine and business management and has experience from working in high demand environments. From the daily pressure of working in a hospital laboratory, through to being an elite swimmer for several years, productivity has always been key for Rikke and she is always looking for opportunities to improve herself.