You are here
Customer Experience Team: Account Manager Policy
We’re on the hunt for someone with amazing passion and enthusiasm, who is committed to making a real difference, by supporting businesses of all sizes and sectors in this fast-paced environment, who will listen to them and ensure that their voice is heard.
Norfolk Chamber is a not for profit business membership organisation with over 900 members. We provide networking opportunities, share knowledge, offer business services, signpost to business opportunities and inspire innovative thinking to enable companies to do better business.
We are looking for Account Manager with a flair for policy and stakeholder engagement to join our Customer Experience Team to help to continue to grow membership and retain our existing members and to help ensure members’ voices are heard on a range of subjects that impact business, such as skills, climate change, infrastructure and red tape.
It is an exciting time to join the Chamber, as we are continuing to modernise everything we do to be able to stay relevant for another 120 years and more.
Our mission is to connect, support and give voice to every business in Norfolk.
About this role
You’ll play an integral part within the Customer Experience Team, dealing with customer queries on a day to day basis and create new and innovative ways to help develop the business.
You will actively engage by phone, email or at events with a wide range of business customers to understand and support their needs and then be motivated, inspired and driven to always exceed the customer’s expectations.
The Customer Experience Team bridge and connect our customers across all our business areas (finance, international, policy and membership) and work within an environment of complete, transparency and customer care.
Organising events, including informal networking events and focus groups, will be included as part of the role. These take place across the region so the ideal candidate will have some experience organising events (these include virtual and online events too).
This role is very varied with no two days being the same, you should be able to embrace change and be a natural problem solver. You will have great communication skills and the ability to be diplomatic whilst communicating with passion. You will have a natural interest in improving the business environment and helping ensure that businesses have the right conditions to succeed and grow.
Success in this role will be measured by KPI’s that demonstrate customer satisfaction and customer life-time value.
- To proactively promote membership to businesses that would benefit
- Seek from all interactions the detailed customer knowledge required to build rich and relevant customer profiles.
- To own the customers’ needs and follow up on responses and promised actions
- To be their voice when talking to the regional leaders and influencers
- To be an ambassador of our values and behaviours required to deliver a customer centric business
- To interact effectively with the Chambers marketing, finance, international, and management people.
- To organise, market and attend Norfolk Chamber networking events and policy focus and discussion groups
- Attend other networking events and promote the policy work of the Chamber in the local business community
- To embark on a detailed multi-skilling program that will allow expertise in all business areas.
- To regularly attend customer centric training programs
- Flexibility to work outside normal office hours for events
- A professional and friendly nature
- Account Management experience with customers on a face to face basis.
- Working with B2B clients, local authorities and political leaders (desirable)
- A good understanding and knowledge of the local business community and issues currently facing businesses on a local and national level.
- Team work and the flexibility to support your colleagues where needed
- Proficient with IT including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Quickly able to learn online multi-platform IT systems such as CRM, email marketing, website, project management software, and live chat
- To be effective in oral, written and face to face communication – public speaking/presenting experience would be an advantage
- Valid UK Driving Licence with use of your own car for business use.
Our offices are in Norwich City Centre, however this role is not office-based - you will be using a combination of: hot desking from the Norwich office; being out and about in different locations across the Norfolk business community, attending events; and some working from home.
Working hours are usually 8:30am - 5:00pm, but will vary depending on events. Benefits include 26 days holiday per annum, free healthcare cash plan and a pension scheme.
Salary range: £25,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience.