You are here
International Trade Apprentice
International Trade Apprentice – Central Norwich
- A Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship is attached to this position with 20% time out for paid self-study with tutor support
- From £5.50 per hour (if 19 or over and in second year of apprentice the salary will be minimum wage at least, the same generally if a candidate is taking a permanent position)
- Aged 16 and over with eligibility can apply for this role
We are looking for someone with levels of drive and enthusiasm, who is committed to making a real difference, by supporting businesses of all sizes and sectors in this fast-paced environment.
You will be working for a not-for-profit, business membership organisation with over 900 members. We provide networking opportunities, share knowledge, offer business services, international trade documentation, signpost to business opportunities, and inspire innovative thinking to enable companies to do better business. Their mission is to connect, support and give voice to every business in Norfolk.
Our offices are in Central Norwich
About the role
We provide crucial support for businesses trading internationally and businesses seeking advice. They are looking to appoint an International Trade Apprentice to work within very busy International Trade Department, helping businesses export and import their goods abroad. The ideal candidate must be willing to learn to work in a fast-paced environment and working to deadlines for the quick turnaround of documentation to our customers.
With companies in every nation and region of the UK we are trusted to help British goods reach customers overseas. By certifying the origin of goods, we help to reduce the possibility that overseas customs authorities stop British shipments – helping to ensure the smooth passage of UK goods across international borders.
As well as taking on the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship, the successful candidate will undergo international trade qualifications to become one of the 350 qualified specialists in the UK, who are on hand every working day to help business and international trade to flourish.
- Day to day processing and delivery of International Trade export documentation, services, support and advice
- To actively engage with the Norfolk business community, to understand their needs, challenges and provide support relating to their international needs
- To promote and market International Trade Services
- A proactive approach to non-members and existing members by encouraging them to engage with the international services
Key Responsibilities Duties:
- Daily processing of time-critical incoming international documentation applications through online, postal or counter service within agreed delivery timescales
- To work closely with the International leadership team and Customer Experience Team for the day-to-day delivery of International Trade documentation services, support and advice
- To promote and assist with the delivery of International Trade Training Programme
- To assist in sending out documentation on a daily basis through the post
- To ensure all services are logged on our Customer Relationship Management System and updated on the appropriate places for record keeping
- Compiling and updating marketing materials for the promotion of international trade services including social media, flyers, website and email marketing
- To help take queries and process Letters of Credit Service enquiries and liaise with third parties.
- To help provide quotes and process translation enquiries
- Attend meetings and events where relevant to promote international trade services
- To help provide quotes and process ATA Carnets.
- To undertake and complete the accredited British Chambers of Commerce International Training Programme to be able to certify International Documentation on behalf of H M Government
- To complete the London Chamber of Commerce training for ATA Carnets
- To attain the BCC Foundation Award in International Trade
- Attend EUR1/ATR Training to certify on behalf of HM Customs
- Minimum education level – GCSEs (English Maths Grade 4/C or above)
- Excellent communication skills, phone, face to face and written
- Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint)
- 100% focus on customer care
- Professional approach, appearance and attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Work on own initiative
- To work as a team
- To enjoy and relish a variable work environment
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Remuneration: From £5.50 per hour (if 19 or over and in second year of apprentice the salary will be minimum wage at least, the same generally if a candidate is taking a permanent position)
Benefits include 26 days holiday plus bank holidays per annum, free healthcare cash plan and a pension scheme
Future Prospects: There is a long-term career available for the right candidate after the apprenticeship
There is also a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship attached to this position which should be completed in 12 – 18 months.
For an informal conversation about this exciting role, please call David Cowan, International Declaration Manager on 01603 729 707