You are here
Job Vacancy - International Trade Coordinator
International Trade Coordinator
Salary: £18,000 to £25,000 /year
37.5 hours per week
We are looking for someone with amazing passion and enthusiasm who is committed to making a real difference by supporting businesses of all sizes and sectors in this fast-paced environment.
Norfolk Chambers of Commerce is a not for profit business membership organisation with over 900 members of all sizes and sectors. We provide networking opportunities, share knowledge, offer business services, international trade documentation, signpost to business opportunities and inspire innovative thinking to enable companies to do better business. Our mission is to connect, support and give voice to every business in Norfolk.
About the role
Norfolk Chamber of Commerce provides crucial support for businesses trading internationally and businesses seeking advice.
We are looking to recruit International Trade Coordinator to the busy International Trade Department to help businesses export/import their goods abroad. The ideal candidate must be used to working in a fast-paced environment to strict deadlines for the quick turnaround of documentation to our customers.
Accredited Chambers of Commerce in every nation and region of the UK are trusted to help British goods reach customers overseas. By certifying the origin of goods, Chambers help to reduce the possibility that overseas customs authorities stop British shipments – helping to ensure the smooth passage of UK goods across international borders.
The candidate will undergo international trade qualification to become one of the 350 qualified specialists in the UK Chamber Network, who are on hand every working day to help business and international trade to flourish.
- To actively engage with the Norfolk business community, to understand their needs, challenges and provide support for their international needs
- Proactive approach to non-members and existing members by encouraging them to engage with the Chambers service.
- Day to day delivery of International Trade export services, support and advice
- To promote and market International Trade Services
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- To work with the International Manager and Customer Experience Team for the day to day delivery of International Trade documentation services, support and advice
- To promote and assist with the delivery of International Trade Training Programme
- Processing of incoming international documentation applications through online, postal or counter service within agreed of timescales.
- To assist in sending out of documentation on a daily basis through post.
- To ensure all services are logged on our Customer Relationship Management System and updated on the appropriate places for record keeping.
- Compiling and updating marketing materials for the promotion of the international trade services including social media, flyers, website and email marketing.
- Take enquiries and process Letter of Credit Service enquiries and liaise with third parties.
- To provide quotes and process translation enquiries.
- To demonstrate a strong understanding of Brexit and potential future impact of international trading customers.
- Attend meetings and events where relevant to promote international trade services.
- To provide quotes and process ATA Carnets
- To undertake and complete the accredited British Chambers of Commerce International Training Programme to be able to certify International Documentation on behalf of HM Government
- To complete the London Chamber of Commerce training for ATA Carnets
- To attain the BCC Foundation Award in International Trade
- Attend EUR1/ATR to certify on behalf of HM Customs
- 2+ years experience in Export Office dealing with documentation (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, phone, face to face and written
- 100% focus on customer care
- Proven ability to identify opportunity and win business
- Professional approach, appearance and attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise work
- Skills to analyse and interpret data
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Work on own initiative
- To work as a team
- To enjoy and relish a variable work environment
- UK driving licence and use of own car for business use
Our offices are based in the outskirts of Norwich with free parking. Benefits include 26 days holiday plus bank holiday per annum, free healthcare cash plan and a pension scheme.
Closing date is Monday 13 May. First interviews for this role will take place on 23/24 May 2019, with second interviews taking place the following week.
Please apply through Indeed Jobs here.